- General overview of SM tools and applications
- Statistics on the tremendous growth of SM in healthcare and medicine
- Examples of best practices from prominent institutions like Mayo Clinic, MD Anderson, Hopkins, etc.
- Opportunities to use SM to promote enrollment to clinical trials and for other areas of patient engagement
- Use of social media for sharing medical information with other healthcare professionals and for continuous professional development, which was some of the research I presented at Medicine 2.0 at Stanford in 2011 with Brian McGowan et al
I need a catchy, non-cliched title for my talk, something that conveys the optimism and promise but doesn't sound like a press release from the latest Web 2.0 start-up. So I decided to crowdsource it! Please make suggestions for a title for my Medicine Grand Rounds, either in the comments below or tweet it to me @rsm2800. Thanks!