Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My 12/4/13 talk at Johns Hopkins - "Social Media for Professional Education and Patient Engagement"

Today I was honored to be able to give a talk at Johns Hopkins on the topic of healthcare-related social media. This was a joint seminar of the Cancer Outcomes and Health Services Research Interest Group and the Johns Hopkins Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology, and Clinical Research. I set up a Twitter feed in advance using the hashtag #cohsrig13 and prescheduled a series of tweets to go out with links to references for some of my slides. The audience was engaged and enthusiastic, and several of them live-tweeted my talk - which I strongly encouraged of course.

I created a Storify with all of the tweets from today associated with the #cohsrig13 hashtag here

I've prescheduled tweets when I've given talks before, and I think it's a potentially effective way to share references realtime and encourage interaction. I've never done a Storify before this but it's incredibly simple and seems to be useful for archiving this type of event. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment